Sydney Sixers – Kids Captain Campaign 2023
WHO CAN ENTER?
3. To be eligible to enter the competition you must:
a. purchase a Family Membership package for the 2023-24 season for the Sydney Sixers;
b. be an Australian resident and reside within the state of New South Wales; and
c. if the entrant is a child under the age of 18 years, there must be at least one member of the Family Membership package aged over 18 years who is willing and available to accompany the child to the match.
4. By entering this competition, you represent that you are eligible to enter.
5. Adults from the family who hold the family membership are eligible to enter on behalf of their children but cannot claim the Prize.
6. Employees of the Sixers, Cricket NSW, the management of Sixers sponsors and their immediate families associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
(Note: Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin).
HOW TO ENTER
7. The competition will commence at 9:00am AEDST on 4 October 2023 and ends as prescribed in clause 13 below (Competition Period). The Sixers reserve the right to extend the Competition Period at any time (subject to regulatory approval, if required).
8. To enter the competition, and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must, during the Competition Period:
19 October 2023;
24 October 2023
16 November 2023;
18 November 2023.
9. The competition will be advertised on the Sydney Sixers Website, Sydney Sixers Instagram page, Sydney Sixers eDMs and Sydney Sixers Facebook page.
10. Sixers accept no responsibility for any registrations not received for any reason during the Competition Period. Eligible Registrations will be deemed to be accepted at the time of registration confirmation by the Sixers. No late registrations will be accepted for any reason, including, but not limited to, technical difficulties with the registration mechanism or the Competition Landing Page.
11. Incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, or incorrect registrations or registrations containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third-party rights (including intellectual property rights) are invalid.
12. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Sixers, tampers or interferes with the registration mechanism or Competition Landing Page in any way, or who does not properly comply with the registration process, will be ineligible to win. The Sixers reserve the right to disqualify registrations in the event of non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
13. The competition will close:
SELECTION OF WINNERS
15. The prize winners (Prize Winner) will be chosen based on holding a 23-24 Family Membership package and the 30-word-or-less response provided in the application for each of the nominated prizes.
16. The Prize Winner will be notified that they have won the Prize by email and/or telephone prior to the match they selected as part of the application. The Prize Winner will be required to provide their preferred delivery address for receipt of their Prize.
17. The Sixers reserve the right to request that the Prize Winner provide proof of his / her identity, residency and age prior to awarding the Prize. Proof of identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Sixers. In the event that any Prize Winner cannot provide suitable proof, in the timeframe required by the Sixers, that Prize Winner will forfeit the Prize and no substitute will be offered.
`18. The results of the draw will be final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the game. The Sixers decision is final on all matters. This is a game of skill.
19. The Prize Winner's name will be published on the website: https://www.sydneysixers.com.au
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW
20. If the Prize Winner does not respond within three (3) days of being notified by the Sixers that they have won the competition, or if the Prize Winner is not readily identified and reasonable efforts made by the Sixers to identify the Prize Winner are unsuccessful, Prize Winner will automatically forfeit the Prize and the Sixers reserves the right to select another Prize Winner through a second selection.
21. The result of any second random draw will be final, binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the second selection.
22. This process of conducting further random draws will repeat until such a time that a Prize Winner is deemed eligible to receive the Prize.
PROMOTION AND MARKETING
23. By entering the competition, the Prize Winner agrees to participate in such reasonable promotional activity and material as the Sixers may require without remuneration, including photography and video content. They may also be required to supply photographs and written testimonials of their experience with the product for marketing purposes. Consent of the parent or guardian for any entrant under the age of 18 years will be obtained at the time of notification that they are the winner.
24. The Prize Winner also consents to the use and publication of their name in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the Prize Winner.
25. The competition prize consists of a unique match day experience for a child or children from the family who holds the family membership with the WBBL Sixers Captain. The match day experience will include (subject to any events or incidents outside of the control of the Sixers):
a. Sixers goodies pack which includes a Sixers shirt, cap, backpack;
b. Accompany captain to the bat flip;
c. Stand in team huddle prior to match for coach’s address;
d. Photograph with the Captain;
e. Be available for an interview on the big screen;
f. Reserved captains’ row in the Mollie Dive stand (Pink vinyl seat covering);
g. Invitation to a Sixers training session at a date, time and venue as determined by the Sixers.
26. For the avoidance of doubt, any adult who is a member of the family who hold the family membership that receive the Prize is not eligible to claim the Prize.
27.The double-header matches on 10 November and 26 November 2023 are not included in the Prize for this competition.
28. All costs associated or arising in connection with participating in the competition and the Prize are the responsibility of the Prize Winner, including but not limited to travel to and from the match from the Prize Winner’s place of residence.
29. Acceptance and use of the Prize is subject to any terms and conditions imposed by those involved in providing goods and/or services as part of or in connection with the Prize (Third Party Terms). The Prize Winner is responsible for complying with all applicable Third-Party Terms, and bears all risk associated with failure to comply with any of them. The Sixers assumes no liability (and will provide no compensation) as a result of any failure to comply with any Third-Party Terms.
30. Subject to clause 31 below, the Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize.
31. If the Prize, or any part of the Prize, is not available for any reason, the Sixers reserve the right to substitute the Prize, or any part of the Prize, with another item of equal or greater value if the Prize Winner agrees in writing (email sufficient) and subject to any written directions from any applicable regulatory authority. If the Prize Winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by the Sixers to reach an agreement and the Prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Sixers’ control, The Sixers may substitute the Prize, or any part of the Prize, with another item or items determined by the Sixers to be of equal or higher value.
32. The Sixers will take reasonable steps to distribute the Prize to the Prize Winner prior to the commencement of the 2023/24 cricket season of the random draw, or subsequent random draws (if necessary).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
33. Information on how to enter this competition and Prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. Registration into the competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
34. The Sixers reserve the right to amend the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason, subject to regulatory approval (if required), and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable on the Competition Landing Page. It is the entrant's responsibility to regularly check the Competition Landing Page for any amendments. Any amendments will be applied and interpreted at the sole discretion of the Sixers.
35. If the competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of technical failure, fraud or any cause beyond the Sixer’s control, the Sixers may cancel or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected registrations, to the extent permitted by law.
36. Sixers does not accept responsibility for any registrations that are delayed, or which are not received for any reason during the Competition Period.
37. To the extent permitted by law, Sixers shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered in connection with the conduct of the competition or the redemption or use of the Prize (including but not limited to direct loss) including:
a. technical or telecommunications problems (such as security breaches, technical website malfunctions or glitches); or
a. acts or omissions (including negligent acts of omissions) of Sixers’ servants or agents involved in the conduct of this competition who are acting outside their authority as agent of the Sixers.
39. Cricket NSW trading as the Sixers collects personal information in the course of the competition in order to conduct the competition in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, and for promotional purposes. Cricket NSW may, for these purposes, disclose such information to subsidiary and related companies, third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, and any company with whom we are running the competition. This information may be used by Cricket NSW or disclosed to selected organisations for promotional purposes or to provide you with information about other offerings and may be stored on servers located overseas.
40. By participating in this competition, entrants release and hold harmless the Sixers and/or Cricket NSW from any and all liability associated with this competition, to the extent permitted by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law).
41. The Sixers are not liable for any tax implications arising from the Prize, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
42. The laws of New South Wales apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of New South Wales in connection with disputes concerning the conduct of the competition or the claiming of a Prize.